Tuesday, August 5, 2008

throwing some pics in the mix.

This picture is my moment of glory where I reached 20 mph- not something that happens often, but hopefully will not be as much of a challenge in the coming months. Someone made a comment to me like "well biking shouldn't be too hard, you are already so fit". Haha.. umm... yeah, I am definitely not in shape, so most of my rides end with me red faced, soaked in sweat, and sprawled out on the nearest piece of furniture. I hope that eventually I will be able to show up to meetings and not look like I went swimming fully clothed.

It may be a work-out, but I'd still rather have the wind in my face and a view like these on my morning commute... you can keep your air-conditioning and bumper-to-bumper :-)

"When I go biking, I repeat a mantra of the day's sensations: bright sun, blue sky, warm breeze, blue jay's call, ice melting and so on. This helps me transcend the traffic, ignore the clamorings of work, leave all the mind theaters behind and focus on nature instead. I still must abide by the rules of the road, of biking, of gravity. But I am mentally far away from civilization. The world is breaking someone else's heart." ~Diane Ackerman

A little street graffiti to keep the ride interesting...


I am passionate about being the change I wish to see in the world.

1 comment:

Red-wingedBlackbird said...

Honey, try to keep the picture-taking at 20 mph to a safe, safe minimum. Thx.